Yesterday, our ministry leaders prayerfully came together and discussed different ways that we can improve ministry at epiphany.
I first off want to say that I am beyond grateful for our church leaders, it is a blessing as a pastor to be able to look around the room and see these men and women, gifted in different ways, come together for the work of Christ. I want you, as church members, to do a couple of things: first, pray for your church leaders, as they seek after God, satan will come in with attacks, pray for protection for their families and ministries through these attacks. Second, support your ministry leaders, look for ways to encourage them and reach out to them as they minster in our church body.
Here are a few of the highlights from the meeting:
* As you invest in ministry at epiphany with your time, energy, and finances, keeping you informed and up to date with what is going on in each ministry is a top priority. We will be posting quarterly updates to keep you informed of goals achieved, future goals, how we are going to achieve these goals, and how you can invest in these ministries.
* Our church leaders will be writing devotionals for our church website to pour into you as a congregation. This will offer an opportunity for you to see their hearts as they walk with the Lord, and to grow and learn in the Lord.
* We as leaders will now be meeting quarterly to pray over the church, seek out ways in which we can minister in new and creative ways, and discuss goals and celebrate met goals as we have them.
* We also discussed how we can do things differently as leaders to best fulfill what God has called us to do.
* Small Groups, this will be a post on its own, that I will be writing soon to give the benefits and process for this future ministry at epiphany. But I do want to share that we will be taking a trial run with a small group starting in September with it running until fall break. The study that we will be doing is called "The Anatomy of a Disciple", this study will show us what a disciple of Christ looks like, how to mature our faith and grow in the Lord.
As this ministry grows we will be adding more groups to the mix, I am prayerfully seeking to start 5 groups the week after fall break. This ministry will be replacing our Wednesday night meeting.
We want to encourage you and be here for you as we get to serve you, and serve alongside you in the ministry that God has called us to as the body of Christ. We want to help equip you for the ministry that God has prepared your heart for, please do not be shy or hesitant in asking for help or bringing new ideas to the table.
Get ready for an awesome fall at epiphany, God is working in wonderful ways and is placing wonderful things upon the hearts of His people here. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
"15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love."